This website uses cookies to function correctly.
You may delete cookies at any time but doing so may result in some parts of the site not working correctly.

Charges for Non-NHS work

Sometimes patients will need to ask their doctor to provide written medical evidence for things such as life Insurance, shot gun licences etc or to provide them with a medical examination for the purposes of their work.

These such services are what we call Non-NHS Services and are not paid for under the NHS. Therefore patients are expected to pay for the following services.

Private Sick Certificates - £15.00

Letter, 'To whom it may concern' (references/ schools/ college etc) - £20.00

Short fitness to travel certificates - £20.00

Passport form / driving licence form - £20.00

Holiday cancellation certificate - £30.00

Long  complicated fitness to travel certificate - Variable based on complexity 

BUPA, WPA, PP, Spire claims forms - £30.00

School fees claim forms - £50.00

Ofsted / Childminder forms - £50.00

Hackney Medical - £95.00

Pre-employment medical - £95.00

HGV medical - £95.00

Fitness to race, box, climb, parachute etc - £95.00

Other services at an hourly rate - pro rota - £240.00

Travel vaccines are also chargeable, for further details please see our travel vaccines section.


Call 111 when you need medical help fast but it’s not a 999 emergencyNHS ChoicesThis site is brought to you by My Surgery Website